Here we go.. If you follow me on twitter or here on the blog, you know that I’m a big fan of sharing resources and finding out what other worship leaders are using to help do their job. I’ve decided to compile some of my favourite resources and put together a blog series for you here.
I’ll be posting each day for the next couple of weeks with some info on one of my favourite resources, how I use it, the problems it helps me overcome and some tips on getting started.
Before the helpful comments begin to arrive, here are some things I’m not including in this series because I’m assuming that you are already committed to them: reading your Bible, prayer, investing in a good instrument, practice time on your own and personal worship. Those are all foundational things which any worship leader should be engaged in already.
In no particular order, here is what you can expect over the course of this blog series -
1. Planning Center Online – worship service planning, team scheduling and communication
2. CCLI – copyright info and management, chord charts and lead sheets
3. PraiseCharts – everything you need to take your band to the next level
4. Books – leaders are readers, these are some of the best books I’ve read along the way
5. Standard Theme & Flockhosting – blogging is a great way to gather your thoughts and connect with other worship leaders
6. ProPresenter – the best option for running the visual side of Sunday morning
7. SoundCue – an iPad app to help your band
8. WorshipHouse Media – all kinds of great visual media for worship
9. Evernote – you’re an artist, you need a brain
10. Twitter – some tips on tweeting for results